Friday, September 25, 2009

a hot mess




"Last week, when I asked the divine what the hell to do about all this mess, I experienced an inner vision. It was that of a massive red velvet curtain - like one that hangs in those old grand theaters – dropping smoothly and quickly down to the floor.

Thud.

Cutting me off from my audience, from the house lights, from the world.

Alone, I slowly turned around in the darkness of my new environment and was immediately embraced by the energy of Her. My Red Lady. And the tears flowed and the heart hiccupped and the mind quieted and I got it.

For now, I need to be with the Divine She of Me. This is a foundational boundary I need to draw and uphold. So, a necessary cocooning, a molting, a shedding of skins (how many insect/animal metaphors can I bring in?), can happen.

And although all this probably sounds awfully dramatic and pretentious, it is where I need to be at this time. No apologies. No exceptions. No compromises.

Until She raises the red velvet curtain again.

Then I will come back to this blog shaking my bloody wings, my dusty mini skirt, and my dirty sense of humor. At you. At myself. At life."

Thank you Sera Beak {photo}

No comments:

Post a Comment